The Tonfunk Group manufactures high-quality capital goods for all areas of the electrical and electronics industry such as automotive, medical, nautical, sensor technology, industrial and other sectors. This includes a quality management system that is certified for the production and development of assemblies and devices in accordance with the requirements of IATF 16949 based on DIN EN ISO 9001.
The protection of the environment also enjoys the highest priority at Tonfunk. The ISO 14001 certification is proof that environmental protection plays an important role in development and production.
One of the most important concerns of the Tonfunk Group is the preservation of our environment. Therefore, we align our processes to ensure that they do not have any negative impact on the environment. In order to realize this, we have introduced and implemented an environmental management system based on the international standard DIN EN ISO 14001 on the basis of our environmental policy.
With our environmental policy we document our responsibility towards our environment and our society. The focal points of our environmental policy are as follows:
1. We closely monitor the environmental aspects of our activities via products such as:
On this basis, we set targets to minimise the impact of our activities on the environment. When developing new products and processes and making investments, we ensure that special attention is paid to these environmental aspects.
2. We ensure that the products and processes of our group of companies do not have a negative impact on the environment. The focus here is on:
Therefore, based on a constant analysis of the environmental impact of our processes, we have introduced and implemented a continuous improvement process that allows us to improve our environmental performance.
3) We are committed to complying with applicable legal obligations, particularly in the area of environmental protection.
4. We encourage our employees to act responsibly regarding compliance with environmental protection requirements by promoting and increasing their environmental motivation via continuous education and training.
5. We establish a close and trusting cooperation with the local and regional authorities as well as with the immediate neighbourhood of our company and inform them about the environmental concerns of the Tonfunk Group. Furthermore, we will examine their suggestions and comments that affect our group of companies and find and implement solutions together with them.
Today's EMS system provider Tonfunk has its roots in Tonfunk PGH, which was founded in Ermsleben in 1958. In the beginning there was the development of innovative and high-quality consumer electronics as well as supplementary assemblies such as the first fully transistorized stereo decoder. In the parallel production, the area of manufacturing services was quickly established.
From this tradition, Tonfunk GmbH Ermsleben was founded at the beginning of the 90s. Through successful market development, the individual company has become a group uniting three companies that have specialized in the most varied of customer requirements.
The heart of the group is Tonfunk GmbH Ermsleben, which as a service provider concentrates on the production of electronic assemblies and devices. In addition, Tonfunk Systementwicklung und Service GmbH has become acknowledged as an innovative project and development company with renowned customers that also markets its own products.